The privacy of our customers is very important to us. We recognise our responsibility to treat your personal information with care and to comply with all relevant legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which we refer to as the “legislation” in this document. This notice covers our requirement to provide you with information on how and why we use your personal data and of your rights under the legislation.
In order to prevent unauthorised access, ensure the correct use of information and maintain data accuracy, we have put in place appropriate, physical, electronic, organisational and managerial procedures to keep the information we collect safe and secure. Credit and debit card payments are processed securely online by our partner, Barclaycard for Business who store all financial information in accordance with secure banking protocols. Where card payment information is provided to us directly we store it securely in our office whilst we need it and it is destroyed securely as soon as we no longer need it.
Our business is selling insurance products. We provide you with a quotation and/or administer your insurance policy and are classed as the “data controller” which means we process your data. The contact details are shown at the foot of this notice. Your data may be passed to other parties, including Insurers, for the purposes of arranging your insurance. These parties could also be data controllers and where necessary will issue their own Data Protection Privacy Notices.
We collect the following personal information about you:
– Contact information – name, phone number, address, email address etc
– Demographic information – Age, gender etc
We will use personal information about you mainly to:-
– Provide you with a quotation;
– Arrange and administer your policy if you buy one through us;
– Respond to any customer service enquiries, questions, concerns or complaints;
– Updates about your policy;
– Inform you about similar products to the one you have purchased, other services we can offer;
– Research and statistical analysis.
Information you give us will be used only for the purpose for which it was provided. However, if you opt not to provide some personal or sensitive information required for the purchasing process, we will not be able to provide you with the insurance policy you require.
Some of the personal information we ask you to provide may be sensitive (special category) as defined in the legislation, e.g. you may have to give us information about your medical history, criminal convictions and driving offences. We are allowed under the legislation to collect such information for specified “insurance purposes” without your specific consent but it will only be used for the purposes set out above. If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us and that we may use their personal data in the same way as your own as set out in this notice.
Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
We are required to have a lawful basis (as defined in the legislation) in order to process your personal data and the relevant bases which we use are show in the table below.
|Purpose of processing||Lawful Basis|
|Providing quotations; arranging and administering insurance policies.||Necessary for the performance of an insurance contract.|
|Provision of information on products and services (Marketing).||Our legitimate interests or your explicit consent|
|To notify you of changes in our service.||Our Legal and Regulatory obligations.|
|To prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other financial crimes.||Our Legal and Regulatory obligations.|
|To meet general legal or regulatory obligations.||Our Legal and Regulatory obligations.|
|Statistical analysis.||Our legitimate interests – to refine and enhance the products and pricing which we can offer.|
Disclosure of your Personal Information
As a necessary part of providing you with the services described above we may need to disclose your personal data to other third parties.
– IT consultants for the purpose of server maintenance and website development and testing;,
– Brokers or agents who introduced you to the policy you have purchase;
– Insurance Intermediaries with whom we are arranging your insurance;
– Insurance Industry databases;
– Emergency Assistance providers, claims handlers, investigators and cost containment providers;
– Medical treatment providers;
– Government databases;,
– Regulatory authorities and the Police/other law enforcement bodies and this will be to assist with fraud prevention and detection.
Your data will not be retained for longer than is necessary and will be managed in accordance with our data retention policy. In most cases the period will be for a maximum of 7 years following the expiry of an insurance contract unless we are required to retain the data for a longer period due to business, legal or regulatory requirements.
International transfers of data
Please note our websites and support and administration centres are operated from the UK and so, if you visit our websites from outside the UK, there will necessarily be a cross-border transfer of personal information. By visiting any of our websites or communicating with us electronically, you are conforming that you agree to these transfers. Where we transfer your personal data to destinations outside the European Economic Area (EEA) – for example to the UK or Gibraltar we will ensure that it is treated securely and in accordance with the legislation.
Under the legislation you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:-
1. The right to be informed about how we use your personal data (This Privacy Notice);
2. The right to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you. (In most cases this will be free of charge);
3. The right to have personal information rectified if inaccurate or incomplete;
4. The right of erasure of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
5. The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances, e.g. if its accuracy is being contested;
6. The right to data portability which, subject to certain conditions, allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services;
7. The right to object to certain processing including for the purposes of direct marketing;
8. Rights to information in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For further information on this Privacy Notice, to access your personal information or to exercise any of your other rights, please contact:
The compliance Officer, Status Global Insurance
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone: + 44 1277 637580.
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information please contact us using the contact information above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint in the UK with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time.
By email: email@example.com
Or in Cyprus: The Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection
Email: commissioner dataprotection.gov.cy